Welcome to the page where you’ll find a wide variety of sea animals coloring sheets. Here are pictures of mammals, shellfishes, fishes, crustaceans, reptiles and other creatures living in the seas and oceans around the world. We hope that our coloring pages will help your child get acquainted with the underwater life and explore the sea animals. All images presented here you can download free and print.
Whale coloring pages. Sea mammals.
Whales live in the water and they are the largest of the animals on the planet. There are two kinds of whales: baleen and toothed. The baleen whales feeds on plankton. To do this, they swim with mouth open, to capture the water containing plankton. Then the whales close their mouths and squeeze the water out through the bristles, leaving only the food inside. The toothed whales eat fish, shellfish and crustaceans. The blue whale is the largest among all animals. Its length can reach 33 meters, and its weight sometimes exceeds 150 tons.
Coloring pages of sharks. Sea and ocean animals.
For today known more than 450 species of sharks. Most of them are predators, but some feed on plankton, like whales. Some species of sharks are dangerous to humans, such as the White shark or Tiger shark.
- The whale shark is the largest fish in the world; its length can reach 18-20 meters.
- The smallest shark has a length of only 17 cm.
- The fastest shark reaches a speed of 50 km/h. Its name is Mako shark.
- In the body of the shark are absent bones; its skeleton consists of cartilages.
All presented coloring pages are printable.
Sea animals coloring pages. Dolphin
Another representative of the sea mammals is the dolphin. The dolphin is one of the most intelligent animals on the Earth. There are about 40 species of dolphins.
- The largest dolphin is the killer whale. Its length can reach 10 meters and a weight of up to 7.5 tons.
- Dolphins can to swim at speeds up to 40 km/h under water.
- They need from time to time to float to the water surface to breathe, because they do not have gills.
- Dolphin never sleeps entirely, his right and left brain hemispheres are sleeping in turn.
Octopus coloring pages to print. The sea mollusk.
Octopus is one of the most unusual sea animals. This mollusk has as many as 8 hands (tentacles) with the suction cups. They may have the size of 1 cm to 4 m depending on the species. Some facts about octopuses:
- Octopus has three hearts.
- Some species of octopuses are venomous and are among the most poisonous animal in the world.
- They can change their color and shape.
- Octopus emits the dark ink to have time to escape when it are at risk.
Sea birds. Penguin coloring pages.
Penguin is the only bird that can swim, but not fly. In addition, it is the only bird that walks standing up. Penguins live in the coastal areas of the seas and oceans of the southern hemisphere, mostly in Antarctica. These seabirds spend half of their life in the water where they search for food. Emperor Penguin can dive to a depth of over 500 meters and to stay underwater for up to 18 minutes. Penguins usually eat fish, shellfish or krill.
Sea turtle coloring pages.
Sea turtles live in warm the equatorial and tropical marine waters. Leatherback sea turtle is the largest; its length is more than 2.5 meters and its weight almost 700 kg. Sea turtles eats sea grass, seaweed, crabs, clams and sponges. These amazing animals can dive to a depth of 1000 meters.
Walrus coloring pages. Sea animals.
Walrus is a large sea mammal. Natural habitat of these animals includes the Arctic Ocean and the northern seas. Walruses mainly feed on mollusks, fish occasionally.
- Male walrus can have weight up to 2 tons.
- Its tusks can reach 1 meter in length.
- Walruses have a very thick skin and a thick layer of fat which protect them from the cold.